Le Massif des Bauges is a paradise for fishing!
AAPPMA Fishing Authority 'La Truite du Canton du Chatelard'
- River fishing (Category 1, private estate): The Chéran river (currents and under currents) 65km, as well as the "Prendre et relâcher" (Fish and Release) Trail.
- Lake fishing:
* Swimming lake in Le Châtelard (Category 1)
* Swimming lake in Lescheraines (Category 2)
* Swimming lake in La Motte-en-Bauges (enclosed basin). Special permit (on sale at the Hotel Mazin).
1-year permits and day permits for fishing in Les Bauges are available to buy.
For more information, contact the AAPPMA Fishing Authority: Tel: +33 (0)4 79 54 86 29.
Where to buy fishing permits:
- the Coeur des Bauges Tourist Information Office (in Le Châtelard): contact us
- Tabac Gonthier (Tabaconnist's in Lescheraines - Le Pont)
Fishing equipment and bait:
On sale at Carrefour Contact in Le Châtelard.
There are 10 fishing trails to discover all along the Chéran river. These trails are available in the form of information sheets, presented in a box set, on sale at the Cœur des Bauges Tourist Information Office for €8.